Sunday 23 December 2012

Grey Knights - 3rd Wave

 
Reconditioning old Grey Knights is a long an ardous process I think you will agree, but so far the results have been worth it.
 
It's been a long journey but on the whole I would say I've now brought back to life approx. 80% of the original army I rescued from the Bay of Ecstasy over a year ago, and I'm immensely proud of them.

 
I even found time to add my old metak GK terminators to the core, and I've even been working on a little side project with characterful helmet-less Paladin models to bolster my GK force.


Mind you, I'm also now working on a new army project, but I'll still revisit the GK's and Guard from time to time.

As of late, in 6th edition my Thawnwing list has done well against the Wednesday Night Gaming crew. A summary of games played as follows:

1. Thawnwing Vs. Deathwing Terminators - 1K list - Crusade / Hammer & Anvil:
GK victory 6VPs to 2VPs

2. Thawnwing Vs New Chaos Codex - Cult of Doug - 1K - Purge Alien / Hammer & Anvil:
GK victory 12 VPs to zero

3. Thawnwing Vs New Chaos Codex - Terminator Spam - 1K - Purge Alien / Vanguard Strike:
GK victory 9VPs to 3VPs

4. Thawnwing Vs Ultramarines: Deathwing Terminators - 1.25K - Big Guns / Vanguard Strike:
GK defeat 5 VPs to 9VPs

5. Thawnwing Vs Orks - 1.25K - Emperor's Will / Dawn of War:
GK victory 8VPs to 1VP


All in all, not a bad record for Thawnwing! So far so good, but we'll see how my new army fares in the New Year.

Bring on 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment